Today, more than ever, we have nearly unlimited options when it comes to services that help simplify our lives. With the touch of a button, you can order groceries, schedule a ride to the airport, or have your medications delivered to your door. Just as easily, you can also access healthcare. Concierge, or mobile healthcare services, are services provided by a clinician in your own home. House calls are not only limited to physicians - Physical Therapists are becoming part of this modern trend.
1. Mobile Physical Therapy is not more expensive. One would naturally think that if something is much more convenient, it must come with a higher price tag, but that is not always the case. Joint Therapy Solutions participates with Medicare and accepts most major insurances, meaning that you can have in-home therapy for the same cost of attending therapy at a clinic but in the privacy and convenience of your own home. Worried about mobile fees? Don’t be. We don’t charge one. Did you know that it is actually against the law for Medicare beneficiaries to be charged a travel fee?
Our mobile therapists can even treat you on your lunch break at work, depending on your specific insurance provider. People sometimes ask, “but what about the equipment?” Believe it or not, our mobile therapists can and will bring everything you need to the home. This includes treatment tables, portable bikes, electrical stimulation devices, bands, weights, or foam balance pads, to name a few. Our highly skilled therapists will ensure that you have everything you need to reach your full rehabilitation potential.
2. Don’t waste time traveling. Imagine how much more productive you could be if you didn’t have to get ready, fight traffic getting to and from a clinic, and waste time waiting for your therapy appointment to begin. Your time is precious to you and we understand
that. By having one of our expert therapists provide your treatment in the comfort of your home, you can get back your time and spend it doing whatever matters most.
3. Fewer missed visits and better outcomes. Research indicates that the number one reason for patient no-shows in outpatient physical therapy is forgetting. The second reason is illness. Most often, neither of these two issues apply to mobile PT. Your therapist will confirm your appointment and show up at the designated time. And, if you’re feeling under the weather, they can still come and conduct your session, modifying the intensity of the treatment plan as necessary. Fewer missed visits will inevitably lead to improved compliance, which will help ensure a better outcome. Getting the treatment you need will help you recover faster.
4. Don’t worry about hiring a caregiver. We understand that many individuals have a child, spouse, or parent for whom they are the primary caregiver. This can inevitably make scheduling appointments for yourself difficult and can lead to neglecting your own needs to prevent the potential headache or anxiety associated with finding someone to take over your caregiver role. Our mobile therapists can come to you and help give you the peace of mind that your loved one is taken care of while getting the treatment you need and deserve.
5. Uninterrupted attention from your therapist. You get all of your therapist’s attention at home, which means you’ll get a more thorough examination and improved quality care. Unlike in clinics, you don’t have to compete with other patients, staff, or
phone calls. This type of distraction is not the fault of the therapists; it is just unavoidable when you are working with a higher volume of patients in a clinic. At every appointment with Joint Therapy Solutions, you will work 1-on-1 with the same therapist who’s an expert in your specific condition. Our in-home therapy visits will help get you better faster and save you time and money in the process.
6. Treatment in your natural environment. Have you ever heard the phrase “practice like you play”? While this is typically used in reference to sports, it also holds true within physical therapy. For instance, let’s say that there is an elderly patient that is a high fall risk and has difficulty navigating around her house. While a physical therapist within a clinic can help improve balance and strength, they might not ever address the patient’s complete needs unless they immerse themselves in the patient’s home environment. How is the lighting? Are there rugs that need to be removed from the walkway? Can the patient’s assistive device fit within all necessary spaces in their home? Our therapists can fully assess the patient, the home environment, and the caregiver’s circumstances by working with patients in their homes. Our clinicians then provide clinically excellent care custom-tailored for each patient, guided by evidence-based practices and standards.
We hope you found this informative and helpful! Make sure to check out our social pages and follow us to learn more about what we offer and how we are looking to revolutionize how therapy is provided in the home!